For two decades, the Wausau School Foundation has strengthened the Wausau community. As a non-profit public-private partnership, the foundation identifies and supports projects outside the district's funding capabilities.
Reach for the Stars Teacher Grants: has awarded more than $495,000 in grants in the past 20 years, funding teachers' innovative, beyond-the-lesson-plan ideas to spark student engagement and success.
Reach for the Stars School Grants: This year the Foundation will reach out to each of the district's 20 schools to fund projects such as playgrounds, smart reading rooms, art performances and career materials. These grants will impact over 6,000 students.
Caught in the Act and Spark Awards: This valuable recognition allows staff, students, parents to nominate district employees.
The Waldron Fund: A fund that supports area students in emergency situations.
More Books will Change More Lives: a collaborative project with the Community Foundation of Northcentral Wisconsin to buying books and digital books with themes of leadership, diversity, emotional support, and social-economic development. These books are more important than ever with the global pandemic.
Environmental Learning Center Capital Campaign the Foundation is spearheading a campaign to fund a new Environmental Learning -Center. Our goal is to raise1.3 million dollars for this public-private partnership. As of September 1, approximately one million has been donated towards the project.
Special Designated Funds:
- Wausau School Forest Fund
- A Walk in their Shoes - A Collaborative effort by North Central Wisconsin educators to present Lecture for schools and public
- Friends of Lincoln Elementary Schools - A group of Alumni supporting their elementary school. Projects include books, field trips and more
- Food for Hope - Turkey and Ham Drive - Collaborating with Rob Hughes. This year over $10,000 to purchase turkeys for our community.
- COVID Supplies for Face Shields and other supplies for the district - Collaboration with Wausau Coated Products
- Wausau East '78 Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Aaron Frank Memorial Scholarship
- Wausau East Reunion Funds
- Wausau West Reunion Funds
- Wausau School Foundation Endowment - Held at Northcentral Community Foundation of Central Wisconsin.
- The Founders Club Society - The group that started the foundation with the Founder Club of donors.
- Heritage Family Grant Endowment - This endowment is used for Reach for the Stars Program each year.
If you are interested in setting up a designated fund through the foundation, please contact us. email@example.com